Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Crafty!

You may not know this about me but I seem to always have this itch to be doing something... Maybe that's why we've moved 4 times in the last 3 years... I digress... By the the way, this house is IT for us!  Anywho - since we're still in the pre-finish out stage of the house and there's nothing I can do to speed the process along, I've decided to move in another direction to keep my mind occupied :)

Lately I've been really wanting to make things, really just product of wanting super nice things but being too cheap to buy them.  I've never been very crafty but I've found just after completing my first two projects that I LOVE making things!!  I truly enjoy every part - deciding what to make, what goes together, making it, and of course enjoying the end product!  I made two things tonight and am just super proud of them!  So much so that I'm going to share them with you :)

Floral Arrangement
Please keep in mind that this is my first attempt ever doing anything like this... Here it goes!!
As silly as it sounds, the sense of accomplishment I got from creating just this simple floral arrangement was huge!!  I absolutely loved it and I cannot wait to make more fun house things!!  I painted the pot, added the rope and arranged the flowers... Go me!!

Hurricane
I made this guy too... Added the rope to the bottom and put in the candle.  It's amazing what little changes will do to decor!!

It may not look like much right now, but I really feel I'm embarking on a new fun hobby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment