Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspiration & Great Finds!

Since we're still in the pre-finish out stage of our renovations I really don't have much to do in the way of work on the house.  Demo is done and they are working on finishing up the framing as we speak.  And since my mind always wants to be pushing forward with the house, I've gotten a little ahead of myself and decided I want to decide on some decor :)

Pottery Barn has been my sole inspiration thus far and since I don't want to spend an arm and a leg redoing my decor, I've decided to emulate their looks and save some money.

Master Bedroom
This bed looks so cozy and inviting I just cannot help but want the entire set!  To get this look I'd be at the low end spending $700 to $1000 at PB.  No thanks.

I've shopped around and decided that this duvet cover and shams is a great place to start!
This duvet cover got stellar reviews...and it was on sale for $90, what a steal!  I was looking for something of substance that would be heavy but soft and feel lush and I think this is it!  I bought Ivory sheets for $50 to go with it.

I also found this:
The blue one.  I found this for $21!!  A similar blanked at PB costs $150 so I'm very happy with the price.  It will go above the flat sheet underneath the duvet cover.  That way we can pull down the duvet each night and just use the blanket and sheet when we sleep.

I've still got a ways to go to achieve this look, I need to find some additional pillows, I'm thinking a few quilted ones in solid colors.  PB has some but they are outrageously expensive so I'm going to keep looking!

Since we do not currently have a headboard for our master bed, this idea came to mind!
I love the upholstered look!

My great idea: I've commissioned my handy-dandy husband to MAKE this headboard.  He's recently bought all these fancy tools and saws so I'm going to put it to good use!  I think, some wood, foam, and linen fabric and vuala!  I've got my beautiful headboard.  Will definitely post progress on that once he's started!!!

Living Room
I walked past this room set at PB just the other day and fell in love...
To me, this is the epitome of homey.  I feel like I could just walk right into this picture and snuggle up with my hubs.  I also adore that coffee table!  


Here it is up close.  It's made out of reclaimed wood from ship doors (or so they say).  Now $600 is a bit pricey for me to spend on a coffee table so....

I found this!
The look and feel is very similar to the PB one and it's got a ton of storage space inside!  Found it on CraigsList for $60!  Heck yea!

I've actually decided to do my living room like this:
So instead of a sectional, we'll have a sofa and 2 complimentary chairs.  Again, doesn't this room look so homey and wonderful?!

Formal Dining Room
We decided not to have a nook area in this new house and instead are going to do an eat-in bar on the island.  In that case, I really want to change up the formal dining room furniture which is super frustrating since we just bought our current set a few years ago.  I'm hoping to sell it for close to what we paid for it.

Old Set:

New Look I'm Going for:
This or maybe...

This.  What do you think??

Keep in mind, going for the 'Old World' look.

More to come on this...



No comments:

Post a Comment