Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Garage (aka Why We're Moving)

It's true, the reason we even entertained the idea of moving out of the house we just renovated a little over a year ago is because of the garage space.  Hubs has no room to do all of the things he loves; welding, wood working, and of course working on Betty the Blazer :)  We extensively looked into adding an additional garage to our current home but it just wouldn't work with our current land set up.

Meet Betty!!!

Boy oh boy do I love this truck!  She's super duper fun to ride in!!  I'm not sure you can tell, but the back seat is open air.  Just ridin' around town is incredibly entertaining for us!! F-U-N.

She's also the main reason I haven't parked my car in the garage for more than a week since we moved here.  Hubs just needs more room to play :)


Garage Site Before



I'm a BIG tree person so imagine my disappointment when taking down this two huge trees was the only choice we had for the garage site.  It was very important to me that you couldn't see the garage at all when sitting in the back yard and we had this huge side yard that ended up being the best choice.

Garage Site Cleared
Even looking at it now makes me very sad for those trees.  The bright side is that hubs will have his dream garage and I'll be able to actually park in the garage too!!!  And even better, it's hidden from most of the house view.  YAY!

Will post progress soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment