Monday, July 4, 2011

About Us

How I Got Here
We moved into our current house in March of 2010 after an extensive remodel and a great learning experience.  It was a foreclosure that needed a lot of work and I posted about that here.  I had been keeping my eye out for another good deal on a home somewhere nearby because we would like a bit more yard space.  The hubs has gotten into wood working, welding, and most notably car restoration on a 1990 K5 blazer we named Betty.  We've only got a 2 car garage so needless to say, I haven't parked my car in the garage for more than a week since we moved into this house!  We talked about adding onto this house with another 1 car garage but with all of the upgrades we did in our renovation it just didn't make financial sense to put any more money into this house.  We decided that he needs a shop, and I wouldn't mind a house with a little more room!

Fortunately for us I found a great house a few months ago that we just closed on this month!!  It's another foreclosure and needs more work than even our current house did but we're up for the challenge!  Since it's more extensive than this house we've decided that we want to do a lot of the work ourselves to save money.  C is a super smart engineer and is quite handy around the house!  That will definitely be a good thing because me, not so much.  But I'm willing to learn!!  We've been watching a ton of DIY shows, it doesn't look that hard... Ha.

This is a great way for us to share our experience with our friends and family as well as get some ideas from other DIY'ers.  Hope you enjoy!

Happy reading!

~T

No comments:

Post a Comment